Our Lady of Guadalupe’s Young Adult Ministry is gearing up for another year of formation and fellowship! We are talking bible studies, Adoration, volunteer opportunities, faith sharing, spiritual growth, Church involvement, and many other topics!
If you are between the ages of 19-35, and think this may be the community you have been searching for to grow closer to Christ and our greater parish community. We do meet on a weekly basis but there’s no obligation to attend every week. Join us as often as your schedule permits.
Have questions, suggestions or concerns? We welcome your feedback, so please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Living and learning the truth of God.
Our Lady of Guadalupe Young Adult Ministry asks that members be in the 18 to 30+ age range. The group is targeted for single adults and married couples and older adults are welcome. Our group will function mostly year round.
Each week we will discuss a different topic that will enrich the faith of young adults. Topics will include: Questions about the faith, today’s topics, Catechesis, Evangelization, Apologetics, Scripture Study, Vocation Discernment, praise and worship, retreats, and volunteering opportunities. We will meet at different venues, churches and events with the goal of sharing our faith and befriending those fallen away Catholics.
Meetings (CLICK HERE for a list of upcoming events):
We meet on Friday nights in the Guadalupe Room of our parish hall from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM. On occasion, meetings will be held off-site so visit us often here, on Facebook @YoungAdultsOLG, or in the bulletin for specific meeting details. Our meetings will be structured as follows:
- Social time and dinner/snacks
- Opening Prayer
- Lesson, teaching, video, etc.
- Group discussion and or questions
- Wrap up
- Closing Prayer and departure
- To help young adults encounter Jesus Christ and develop a deeper relationship with God through prayer, worship, liturgy, sacred scripture, catechesis and the Sacraments. To connect young adults to the Church through evangelizing outreach, formation of the faith community, and pastoral care.
- To cultivate a community of fraternity, fellowship, and support which will help young adults realize that they are not alone and that they can build friendships with like-minded Catholics.
To enable young adults to strive for spiritual growth.
- To connect young adults with the mission of the Church in the world through forming a Christian conscience, educating and developing leaders for the present and future.
- To bring young adults to realize their dignity as a person made in the image and likeness of God.
- To initiate ongoing catechetical formation for young adults through effective methods of learning the complete faith of the Catholic Church.
- To help young adults discover their God given talents and gifts and how they can use them for the good of others and the Church.
- To guide the young adults to discern and pursue their vocation, whether it be marriage, single life, religious life or priesthood as well as exercise their baptismal calling to evangelize and be a witness for others.
- To growth our faith beyond the sacramental (traditional) life checklist stages.
- Young adults have been captivated by the consumerism and materialism of the society in which they grew up and there can be a tendency to become apathetic and cynical.
- Young adulthood is sometimes a world of boredom, disillusionment, and indifference to the Church.
- Young adults need a non-threatening place where they can freely express their questions, doubts, and even disagreements with the Church and where the teachings of the Church can be clearly articulated and related to their experience.
- In our meetings, you are free to say what you want and there is nothing you cannot say.
- Young adults make some of the most important decisions in their lives about their Christian vocation, their career, and their choice of spouse.