CLICK HERE to download a detailed informational brochure about this year’s Celebration and Pilgrimage in honor of the Feast Day of Our Lady of Guadalupe.
- Sun., Dec. 3 and Mon., Dec. 10 – Done Independently
- Mon., Dec. 4, 6, 7, 9, and 11 at 7:30 AM in the Chapel
- Tues., Dec. 5 at 5:30 PM in the Chapel
- Sat., Dec. 8 at 7:30 AM in the Main Church
- el domingo, 3 de diciembre a las 5:30 PM en la capilla
- del lunes, 4 de diciembre al sabado, 9 de diciembre a las 8:00 PM en la capilla
- el domingo, 10 de diciembre a las 7:30 PM en la capilla
- el lunes, 11 de diciembre a las 6:00 PM en la Iglesia principal
The Vigil on Monday, Dec. 11 (at our Parish in Helotes)
- 6:00 PM – Living Rosary (Last Night of Novena)
- 8:00 PM – Dramatization of Apparitions
- 10:00 PM – Serenade
The Feast Day of Tuesday, Dec. 12
At Our Lady of Guadalupe – Helotes
Church and Chapel will be open for prayer All Day
- 6:00 AM Mariachis
- 7:00 AM Mass (Bilingual)
- 8:00 AM Breakfast for Helotes Pilgrims
- 4-6 PM Supper at the Parish Hall
- 6:00 PM Mariachis
- 6:30 PM Concluding Mass
At Our Lady of Guadalupe – San Antonio
- 9:45 AM Safety talk and Blessing
- 10:00 AM START of Pilgrimage
Pilgrimage Route & Rest Stop Marker Information
- Estella’s Restaurant at Trinity and Martin
- Cross over at Martin and Zarzamora. Stay on Zarzamora towards Culebra.
- Old Walgreens on the corner Zarzamora & Culebra.
- HEB on the corner of Culebra and Bandera Rd. Crosswalk towards Valero.
- Furniture Outlet on the corner of Bandera & Varsity.
- Discount Tire on andera and Hillcrest.
- Bandera and Skyview near Daycare.
- Custom Sounds Sign innside Loop 410 is the MIDPOINT. Be careful crossing Loop 410.
- Whataburger on Bandera and Huebner.
- Grady’s on Bandera and Eckert.
- Bandera Festival at Guilbeau.
- CVS at Tezel.
- Mc Donald’s at Bandera Point. Cross 1604 on the HEB side. Cross over Bandera at lights at Sonic.
- Bill Miller’s at Leslie Road.
Please note that these businesses ARE NOT sponsors. These locations are MARKERS WHERE CAR SUPPORT will be nearby with snacks and water.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INJURIES OR ACCIDENTS.
So, PLEASE CALL 911 in the event of an emergency.
Things to keep in mind for the Pilgrimage of Dec. 12
A PILGRIMAGE is a journey to a holy place; an opportunity to pray, to reflect, to meditate and to support and encourage our companions on life’s journey. This year, our annual pilgrimage takes us from our sister parish of Our Lady of Guadalupe Church – San Antonio to our home parish of Our Lady of Guadalupe – Helotes.
- Know your physical limits
- Walk on the Left side facing traffic and stay off street
- Walk in a group
- Markers are for water and snacks only
- No rides will be provided to either church
- Have the name and number of a family member who can pick you up, if necessary
Car Support & Safety Volunteers Needed!
We are in great need of Car Support and First Aid Support. Would you be able to drive the pilgrim route during the day or offer first aid on the Feast Day? Two-hour shifts are available. Please, contact Kathy Tragos as soon as possible for more details, (210) 695 – 8791, ext. 108, OR at KTragos@olghelotes.org.