…Preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation begins when the student is a Sophomore in High School.
(For adults over the age of 18 needing Confirmation, please refer to our RCIA Program.)
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, throughout Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth. (Acts 1:8)
Year 1 Confirmation Students (High School Sophomores & Juniors)
High School Sophomore and Juniors who have not received the Sacrament of Confirmation are invited to attend an Orientation Session for High School Confirmation to learn more about our program. Application packets will be distributed to those youth who are interested in enrolling in our High School Confirmation Program. The ONLY way to receive a Confirmation Application packet is to attend an orientation session. Orientation dates and times for Year 1 are as follows:
- Sunday, August 5 from 5:45 PM to 7:00 PM in the Parish Hall
- Sunday, August 26 from 1:45 PM to 3:00 PM in the Parish Hall
Year 2 Confirmation Students (Returning Year 1 Students)
Returning Year 1 Students are REQUIRED to attend the following Orientation Session:
- Sunday, August 5 from 1:45 PM to 3:00 PM in the Parish Hall
All completed paperwork and sacramental certificates are due in the Parish Office by Monday, August 27, 2018. Year 2 Students: Your Application Packets MUST BE COMPLETE by this date in order to be allowed to continue with the program.
Confirmation Candidates (Confirmandi)
- Our High School Confirmation Program is a two year program beginning in either the Sophomore or Junior year. Please plan ahead to begin on time, as it is too late to begin in the Senior year
- Must express a readiness and desire for the Sacrament of Confirmation
- Must have a willingness to continue their faith formation beyond the Sacrament of Confirmation
- Will not have conflicts with work, sports, or extra-curricular events that prevent attending and participating in Confirmation sessions. Classes will be held on Sunday afternoons.
- Each candidate must select a Confirmation name based on a saint who inspires them, or is someone they would like to emulate. Confirmation students MUST complete a 2 page paper (typed, double spaced) on the life of the saint they have chosen that includes an explanation as to why they have chosen that saint. Tell me from your heart how you identify with your saint. Your paper is due on the same day as your assessment interview which is Sunday, February 11, 2018.
Teens who have not yet received Eucharist will be asked to spend this year in preparation for Eucharist and will then be eligible for Confirmation the following school year.
Prerequisites for Confirmation Sponsors
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be a fully initiated Catholic (received the sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist)
- Must participate regularly in the Eucharist
- Must not be living in marriages not recognized by the Church
- Must not be the parent of the candidate or person dating/married to candidate
- Should be able to help in the formation process through communication and meetings, and should be able to attend various events throughout the year. For this reason, we strongly recommend you pick someone local to be the sponsor.
If you need help finding a good sponsor, the Confirmation Director may be able to help find one from the parish community.
Year 1 and Year 2 Class Schedules for the 2018-2019 Program year will be Coming Soon!
Parish Volunteer Projects
PARENTS: We invite you to join your children and youth; allowing them to witness alongside you Christ’s Love in Action through volunteerism!
…for Second Year Students Only!
Retreat information for the 2018-2019 Program Year will be announced AFTER Thanksgiving.
Our Confirmation Mass date and time is selected by the Office of the Archbishop and based on the Archbishop’s calendar. We will share this date just as soon as the Archdiocese notifies us of it. Thank you for your patience.
Dress Code for Confirmation Mass
Both Candidates and Sponsors MUST dress appropriately and respectfully for the Confirmation Mass. Guidelines for the dress code are as follow:
MEN – Dress shirt and tie (if possible, a suit and tie)
- Dress pants
- Dress shoes
- NO JEANS
- NO TENNIS SHOES
WOMEN – Nice dress or skirt and blouse
- If not wearing a dress, pants MUST be dressy
- Shoulders MUST be covered (wear a sweater, jacket or shawl if necessary)
- Dresses and skirts must not be too tight and NO SHORTER THAN 2 INCHES ABOVE THE KNEE
- NO JEANS
- NO TENNIS SHOES