…Preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation begins when the student is a Sophomore in High School.
(For adults over the age of 18 needing Confirmation, please refer to our RCIA Program.)
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, throughout Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth. (Acts 1:8)
PARENTS: Your youth are NOT REQUIRED to accompany you to these sessions.
Parents of Year 1 Confirmation Students (High School Sophomores & Juniors)
PARENTS of high school sophomores and/or juniors, the LAST Parent Orientation for Year 1 Students will be on:
- Sunday, August 26 from 1:45 PM to 3:00 PM in the Parish Hall
Parents of Year 2 Confirmation Students
PARENTS of Year 2 Students: All completed paperwork and sacramental certificates are due in the Parish Office by Monday, August 27, 2018. Year 2 Students: Your Application Packets MUST BE COMPLETE by this date in order to be allowed to continue with the program. If you are unable to visit the office during regular business hours, you may DROP OFF documentation at the Parish Hall on:
- Sunday, Aug. 26, 2018 from 1:45 PM to 3:00 PM
Confirmation Candidates (Confirmandi)
- Our High School Confirmation Program is a two year program beginning in either the Sophomore or Junior year. Please plan ahead to begin on time, as it is too late to begin in the Senior year
- Must express a readiness and desire for the Sacrament of Confirmation
- Must have a willingness to continue their faith formation beyond the Sacrament of Confirmation
- Will not have conflicts with work, sports, or extra-curricular events that prevent attending and participating in Confirmation sessions. Classes will be held on Sunday afternoons.
- Each candidate beginning in the second year must select a Confirmation name based on a saint who inspires them, or is someone they would like to emulate. Confirmation students MUST complete a 2 page paper (typed, double spaced) on the life of the saint they have chosen that includes an explanation as to why they have chosen that saint. Tell me from your heart how you identify with your saint. Your saint paper is due on Sunday January 20, 2019.
- Year 2 students will receive a Confirmation Assessment in early to mid January.
- Attending our Confirmation Retreat is MANDATORY. Our retreat is held at the H.E.B. Foundation’s Camp, “Singing Hills” (www.foundationcamps.org). The three-day weekend is typically scheduled for the first or second weekend in April.
Teens who have not yet received Eucharist will be asked to spend this year in preparation for Eucharist and will then be eligible for Confirmation the following school year.
Prerequisites for Confirmation Sponsors
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be a fully initiated Catholic (received the sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist)
- Must participate regularly in the Eucharist
- Must not be living in marriages not recognized by the Church
- Must not be the parent of the candidate or person dating/married to candidate
- Should be able to help in the formation process through communication and meetings, and should be able to attend various events throughout the year. For this reason, we strongly recommend you pick someone local to be the sponsor.
If you need help finding a good sponsor, the Confirmation Director may be able to help find one from the parish community.
CLICK HERE for a PDF copy of the 2018-2019 Confirmation Year 1 Schedule
CLICK HERE for a PDF copy of the 2018-2019 Confirmation Year 2 Schedule
Parish Volunteer Projects
PARENTS: We invite you to join your children and youth; allowing them to witness alongside you Christ’s Love in Action through volunteerism!
…for Second Year Students Only!
Retreat information for the 2018-2019 Program Year will be announced AFTER Thanksgiving.
Our Confirmation Mass date and time is selected by the Office of the Archbishop and based on the Archbishop’s calendar. We will share this date just as soon as the Archdiocese notifies us of it. Thank you for your patience.
Dress Code for Confirmation Mass
Both Candidates and Sponsors MUST dress appropriately and respectfully for the Confirmation Mass. Guidelines for the dress code are as follow:
MEN – Dress shirt and tie (if possible, a suit and tie)
- Dress pants
- Dress shoes
- NO JEANS
- NO TENNIS SHOES
WOMEN – Nice dress or skirt and blouse
- If not wearing a dress, pants MUST be dressy
- Shoulders MUST be covered (wear a sweater, jacket or shawl if necessary)
- Dresses and skirts must not be too tight and NO SHORTER THAN 2 INCHES ABOVE THE KNEE
- NO JEANS
- NO TENNIS SHOES