…for High School Sophomores, Juniors, & Seniors
(For adults over the age of 18 needing Confirmation, please refer to our RCIA Program.)
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, throughout Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth. (Acts 1:8)
Registration for the 2017-2018 program year is NOW CLOSED.
Confirmation Candidates (Confirmandi)
- Our High School Confirmation Program is a two year program beginning in either the Sophomore or Junior year. Please plan ahead to begin on time, as it is too late to begin in the Senior year
- Must express a readiness and desire for the Sacrament of Confirmation
- Must have a willingness to continue their faith formation beyond the Sacrament of Confirmation
- Will not have conflicts with work, sports, or extra-curricular events that prevent attending and participating in Confirmation sessions. Classes will be held on Sunday afternoons.
- Each candidate must select a Confirmation name based on a saint who inspires them, or is someone they would like to emulate. Confirmation students MUST complete a 2 page paper (typed, double spaced) on the life of the saint they have chosen that includes an explanation as to why they have chosen that saint. Tell me from your heart how you identify with your saint. Your paper is due on the same day as your assessment interview which is Sunday, February 11, 2018.
Teens who have not yet received Eucharist will be asked to spend this year in preparation for Eucharist and will then be eligible for Confirmation the following school year.
Prerequisites for Confirmation Sponsors
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be a fully initiated Catholic (received the sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist)
- Must participate regularly in the Eucharist
- Must not be living in marriages not recognized by the Church
- Must not be the parent of the candidate or person dating/married to candidate
- Should be able to help in the formation process through communication and meetings, and should be able to attend various events throughout the year. For this reason, we strongly recommend you pick someone local to be the sponsor.
If you need help finding a good sponsor, the Confirmation Director may be able to help find one from the parish community.
CLICK HERE for a PDF version of the UPDATED Year 1 Schedule for 2017-2018
CLICK HERE for a PDF version of the UPDATED Year 2 Schedule for 2017-2018
Parish Volunteer Projects
PARENTS: We invite you to join your children and youth; allowing them to witness alongside you Christ’s Love in Action through volunteerism!
…for Second Year Students Only!
When: April 13-15, 2018
Where: H.E.B. Foundation Camp Singing Hills. CLICK HERE to visit the campsite online.
Please click on the following links in order to download and print the REQUIRED Parental Permission & Liability Waiver Form as well as the Rules, Drop-off/Pick-up, and Map Information sheet (both in PDF format).
- Retreat forms and waivers will be made available at a later date.
Mark your calendars!!
Monday, April 23, 2018 at 7:00 PM
Please bring your Confirmation Sponsor to rehearsal. If your Sponsor cannot make it to rehearsal, please bring a parent.
Tuesday, April 24, 2018 at 7:00 PM at Our Lady of Guadalupe in Helotes
Please report to the Parish Hall at 5:30 PM for Confirmation pictures before Mass. A professional photographer will also be taking pictures of you as you receive the Sacrament during the Mass. Pictures will be made available for FREE DOWNLOAD. NO OTHER PHOTOGRAPHY IS ALLOWED DURING MASS.
Our Confirmation Mass should conclude by 9:00 PM.
Dress Code for Confirmation Mass
Both Candidates and Sponsors MUST dress appropriately and respectfully for the Confirmation Mass. Guidelines for the dress code are as follow:
MEN – Dress shirt and tie (if possible, a suit and tie)
- Dress pants
- Dress shoes
- NO JEANS
- NO TENNIS SHOES
WOMEN – Nice dress or skirt and blouse
- If not wearing a dress, pants MUST be dressy
- Shoulders MUST be covered (wear a sweater, jacket or shawl if necessary)
- Dresses and skirts must not be too tight and NO SHORTER THAN 2 INCHES ABOVE THE KNEE
- NO JEANS
- NO TENNIS SHOES