EDGE welcomes volunteer help in a number of ways, including:
- Core Team Member
- Monday Night EDGE Support
- Community Service (Planning and Facilitating)
- Social Activities Chaperones
- Retreat (Planning and Facilitating)
- Lock-In Chaperones
- Office Assistance & Phone Calls
- Technology Support
- A love for Christ and middle school youth.
- A desire to minister to our youth and learn more about our Catholic faith.
- A willingness to serve Christ as a Christian role model.
- A weekly commitment to Sunday liturgy.
- Please complete and return to the Parish Office: a MS/EDGE Volunteer Packet and CBC (Criminal Background Check) Form.
- ALL Clergy, Staff, and Volunteers who minister to children or other vulnerable populations should complete VIRTUS Training once every 3 years. This training is offered, either in person OR online, through the Archdiocesan Office of Victim Assistance & Safe Environment located at the St. Paul’s Community Center Annex – 1201 Donaldson, San Antonio, Texas. To register, visit www.archsa.org/child-protection and SELECT “Safe Environment Training.” you will then be directed to VIRTUS, where you will be required to create a User I.D. and Password to register for one of the available class dates. Contact Tracie Enriquez at (210) 734-7786 or via email at email@example.com, if you have questions.
NOTE: If you have taken Safe Environment Training AND completed a CBC Form in the past but are unsure if you are up for RENEWAL, please contact Pat Pickett at (210) 695-8791, ext. 112 or via email at PPickett@olghelotes.org.
Additional Questions? Contact:
Angela Quintanilla – EDGE & Middle School Youth Coordinator, (210) 695-8791, ext. 116, OR via email: AQuintanilla@olghelotes.org.