Why is Parish Registration important?
The simplest answer is that it provides a sense of belonging and identity with your parish community. Parish Registration does so much more than that, though. As Catholics, it is important that we give serious consideration to becoming registered parishioners at our Catholic church because…
- when we register, we make a commitment to practice our faith.
- it allows the pastor and parish staff an opportunity to get to now us better, to welcome us, and to minister to us. This becomes especially important during times of crisis, so that the pastoral staff can see to our specific needs and the needs of our families.
- it helps the parishioner and the parish create and maintain a connection with each other.
- when we register, we provide our contact information. This is how the parish keeps us updated on daily parish life and events, through direct mail, email, phone, etc.
- registered parishioners who use offertory envelopes OR participate in online giving receive a year-end contributions statement for tax filing purposes.
- registered/active parishioners are eligible for sponsor/godparent validation (Letters of Good Standing with Sacramental Permissions).
- parish registration numbers may help determine how many priests are assigned, and how many Masses and enrichment programs are planned and scheduled.
How do I register as a parishioner of Our Lady of Guadalupe-Helotes?
- Download and print our Parish Registration Form / Forma para el Registro Parroquial
- Complete the form and return it to our Parish Office via:
- Fax at (210) 695-9957
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop in lock box located in church foyer near the front entrances of the church
- Mail to ATTN: Laura Donaldson, Our Lady of Guadalupe, 13715 Riggs Rd., Helotes, TX 78023
I think I may have already registered. How can I be sure?
Call our Parish Office during regular business hours and ask to speak with Laura Donaldson, (210) 695-8791 at extension 121.
If you have been registered for a while, please make sure to UPDATE your contact information (address, phone numbers, emails) as often as necessary.