To apply, please visit https://www.archsa.org/employment
Location: Our Lady of Guadalupe
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports To: Pastor or Designated Official
FLSA Status: Part-Time, Non-exempt
The Administrative Assistant’s primary purpose is to support the Parish business office, and specifically will help the parish accountant with duties such as bookkeeping, data entry and check processing. This position will also be responsible for safe environment data entry, tracking VIRTUS information, and assisting the pastor and staff as needed
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will provide assistance to the Supervisor as follows:
- Responsible for processing weekly digital check deposits, reviewing checks for accuracy and scanning. Returns un-deposited checks, and removing from database.
- Responsible for collecting all physical payments received at office (registrations, fundraisers, misc. donations) and processing weekly office deposits.
- Identifies accounts to be credited in Parishsoft and Arena system
- Prepares all bank deposits and ensures all monies (physical and digital) are deposited into the correct accounts.
- Responsible for ensuring VIRTUS for parish is updated
- Receives all new criminal background check forms, enters in VIRTUS and tracks status to ensure compliance with Archdiocesan guidelines
- Communicates results with ministry leaders on background check status
- Responsible for correspondence including writing letters, emails, creating reports and maintaining parish procedural manuals.
- Other duties as assigned by Bookkeeper and/ or Pastor
- Associates Degree in Business or finance related field and/ or;
- 1-2 years proven experience in Bookkeeping, Finance or Accounting
- Proven experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and staff
- Bilingual, (English and Spanish).
- Prior experience with accounting software (QuickBooks, Peachtree etc.)
- Previous experience working for a parish or non-profit.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Individual must be highly organized with the ability to multitask and prioritize. They must have strong customer service skills and the ability to resolve and reduce conflict. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SCHEDULE AND HOURS
The schedule for this position is Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9am- 5pm. And averages 20 to 25-hour per week.