Dr. Yvonne Rheinschmidt, PhD, LPC, NCC
Our Lady of Guadalupe Church
Licensed Professional Counselor
No Insurance is taken. Fees are based on family’s yearly income.
Dr. Yvonne Rheinschmidt is a Licensed Professional Counselor in the state of Texas. She has her Doctoral Degree in Psychology and Christian Counseling from the Louisiana Baptist University. She received her Master’s Degree in Professional Counseling and Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from Liberty University. Her prior studies include nine years of Philosophy and Theology from L’Ecole Saint-Jean (France). She was a Stephen Minister (grief counselor) for over six years.
Dr. Yvonne Rheinschmidt is passionate about helping clients to live life to the fullest in a holistic manner. She encourages personal growth of soul, mind and body to reach goals that transforms her client’s lives and their relationships. She believes that individuals can become resilient in order to deal with life’s struggles. The main style of her psychotherapy is rooted in the Gestalt approach which focuses on what exists here and now. In Gestalt practice the client learns to discriminate between ideas and experience, between habitual patterns of thought and new ways of being. Within the style of Gestalt Therapy, numerous techniques will be used to help the client develop or enhance their creative abilities to cope with life circumstances in positive ways.
Within the Gestalt Psychotherapy, she offers counseling and techniques such as:
- Biofeedback: Alpha-Stim for Anxiety, Depression and Insomnia.
- Stress Management techniques: Stress Thermometer,
- Mindfulness and Breath work.
- Career Counseling: Junior and Senior in high school or college students needing academia direction.
- Parenting education and conflict resolutions;
- Play therapy ages 5 and up; Childhood Anxiety; ADHD
- Teenage challenges; self-esteem issues
- Couples therapy: conflict resolution; overcoming infidelity; communication issues
- Sexual and/or physical abuse
- Abortions: trained Rachel Project Counselor
- Bereavement, Grief and Loss; Divorce
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
Yvonne’s husband, Dr. Scott P. Rheinschmidt PhD LPC-S, served 24 years in the Air National Guard and also a Licensed Professional Counselor. They have been married for 23 years. They have three adult children, two grandchildren and another grandchild on the way. They are both parishioners at Our Lady of Guadalupe Church in Helotes and enjoy working with the Military Family Ministry. Dr. Yvonne Rheinschmidt is from South Texas and is also fluent in French and Spanish.