Helotes House of Neighborly Service
14690 Bandara Road, Helotes Lions Club Campus, Helotes TX 78023
Service Hours: Mondays 1 PM-3 PM; Wednesdays 10 AM-12 Noon; Thursdays 1 PM-3 PM; Fridays 1 PM-3 PM
CLICK HERE to download our brochure.
The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul (SVDP), of Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Church in Helotes, manages the ecumenical Helotes House of Neighborly Service (HHNS). There are fourteen participating churches which support the HHNS. These churches are as follows: Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Church in Helotes, Zion Lutheran Church, Forest Hills Presbyterian Church, First Baptist Church of Helotes, Helotes Hills United Methodist Church, Saint Thomas Syro Malabar Catholic Church, Agape Baptist Church, Crossroads Baptist Church, City Church, Northwest Hills United Methodist Church, Bethel Covenant Assembly of God Church, Iglesia Bautista Fe Victoriosa, Rise Church, and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
Our HHNS supports our Brothers and Sisters in need with bags of non-perishable food, school supplies, and toiletries; financial assistance with utility bills and emergency rental assistance; gift cards and limited clothing. We do not accept perishable foods nor any clothing at this time.
SVDP Accomplishments for April 1, 2019 through March 31, 2020:
- Relocated to the house at the Annex Property on FM 1560.
- Increased membership in SVDP to 40 members.
- Celebrated our 28th year of service.
- Helped over 1,706 people seeking food or financial help with bills.
- Worked by our SVDP members 2,676 man-hours.
- Received 692 bags of food during the Thanksgiving Food Drive.
- Helped an additional 1,200 people – Thanksgiving Food Drive.
- Helped 313 people – Christmas Giving Tree Project.
- Received donations of $55,055 from our OLG parishioners.
- Received 90 pounds of toiletries from OLG’s Young Adults Ministry.
- Received 1,163 pounds of food from 40 Cans for Lent Project.
- Received 3,528 pounds of food from our participating churches.
- Received 508 pounds of toiletries from our participating churches.
- Received a $2,000 Grant from Latter Day Saints to buy food.
- Added four new participating churches.
- Added Thursdays to our weekly office hours.
- Added $12 bags of toiletries for our people in need.
- Doubled our limit for pledges for utility bills.
- Initiated Emergency Rental Assistance for our people in need.
If you are being Called to Serve and are interested in volunteering at least 4 hours per month to our ministry, please contact:
Joseph Beach at (210) 394-4240